At Belvidere Primary School we aim
- To maintain a happy, caring environment in which children feel secure to grow and develop intellectually, socially, emotionally, culturally, spiritually and physically to their full potential.
- To use the resources available to provide the best possible educational opportunities for the children in our care.
- To provide a broad and well taught curriculum where children have many wide and varied experiences.
- To continue to work in partnership with parents.
- To give children opportunities to develop independence and the responsible attitudes that will enable them to become active and caring members of the community.
In order to achieve these aims, we hope to create a friendly atmosphere, taking special care to establish a happy relationship with children when they first come to school. We encourage the children to have a caring and responsible attitude towards one another and a respect for property belonging to other individuals and the community. Children should feel part of the school, not just the class, meet teachers from other classes and feel that they have an important contribution to make to the whole school.
We aim to instil a respect for the environment in which we live as well as a sensible attitude towards health and safety.
Knowing children are naturally inquisitive, we aim to use this to guide the children to discover much for themselves, thus laying a foundation for independent learning.
We want children to develop self-awareness, improve on their own standards and strive to achieve the best work in all fields of which they are capable. Our mission statement is “we strive for excellence” which reflects this aim.