Free School Meal and Pupil Premium Application
The government provides schools with additional funding to support or enhance the learning of pupils who are currently or have been entitled to free school meals within the last six years, or whose parents are in in the forces. It's essential that parents/carers apply for free school meals or inform the school if they are in the forces, even if the pupil does not wish to receive a free school meal.
Who qualifies for free school meals?
Free school meals can be awarded if you or your partner are claiming any of the following:
· income support
· job-seekers allowance - income based
· employment and support allowance - income related
· support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· child tax credit, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
· guarantee element of state pension credit.
Further details and application forms are available at